Patricia L. Genet
July 30, 1935 – November 3, 2019
Patricia Louise Genet, 84, of Evansville, Indiana, passed away on Sunday, November 3, 2019. She was born on July 30, 1935 in Mount Clements, Michigan to the late Vincent and Lillian (Moore) Freedlund.
She worked as a receptionist for Rexam Corporation for 13 years, retiring in January of 1998. Patricia served on the Central High School Reunion Committee since graduating in 1953. She and her husband, Russel, who were married on January 23, 1954, were very talented square dancers. They were members of Eastminster Presbyterian Church. Patricia was an avid bowler and loved music.
Patricia was preceded in death by her husband of 65 years, Russel Genet on May 8, 2019.
She is survived by her daughter, Pamela Smith; son, Michael Genet (Lourdes); grandchildren, Abby Smith (Nina), Amanda Genet, and Jonathan Genet; great-grandchild, Elly; and several other great-grandchildren.
The family would like to give a special thank you to the staff at North River Health Campus and Heart to Heart Hospice for their kindness and compassionate care.
Funeral Services will be held 1:00 p.m. Friday, November 8, 2019 at Alexander East Chapel with entombment to follow at Alexander Memorial Park. Friends may visit from 11:00 a.m. until service time at the funeral home.
- Pamela Smith, Daughter
- Michael Genet (Lourdes), Son
- Abby Smith (Nina), Grandchild
- Amanda Genet, Grandchild
- Jonathan Genet, Grandchild
- Russel Genet, Husband (deceased)
- Vincent Freedlund, Father (deceased)
- Lillian (Moore) Freedlund, Mother (deceased)
- Patricia also leaves behind great-grandchild, Elly and several other great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Visitation Friday, November 8, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, November 8, 2019
- Entombment Friday, November 8, 2019