Vera J. Mills
August 24, 1930 – February 11, 2020
Vera J. (Smith) Mills, 89, of Evansville, IN passed away peacefully at 8:50 PM on Tuesday, February 11th at Columbia Healthcare Center. She was born on August 24th, 1930 in Posey County to Edna Paul and Alfred C. Smith.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 34 years, Curtis Mills and her son Dwight D. “Butch” Smith.
Vera is survived by her daughter-in-law, Karen F. Smith, her stepchildren Steve Mills of Burnsville, MN, Debbie (Brian) Burch, of Evansville, IN, Sandy (Tony) Arnold, Blairsville, IN, Sam (Pattie) Mills, Evansville, IN, along with many grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Vera enjoyed engaging in spirited debates, going to horse races, gardening and watching IU basketball with her son, Butch. She adored her dogs Sadness and Lacey.
The family would like to extend their deepest appreciation to Dona Roberts, Sherry Snyder and the rest of the staff at Columbia Healthcare Center for their years of dedicated and compassionate care for Vera, as well as Heart to Heart Hospice for their dedication to Vera during her final days.
Visitation will be held from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM on Saturday, February 15, 2020 at Alexander East Chapel. Entombment will take place in Alexander Memorial Park.
- Karen F. Smith, Daughter-in-law
- Steve Mills, Step-son
- Debbie Burch (Brian Burch), Step-daughter
- Sandy Arnold (Tony Arnold), Step-daughter
- Sam Mills (Pattie Mills), Step-son
- Curtis Mills, Husband (deceased)
- Dwight D. "Butch" Smith, Son (deceased)
- Alfred C. Smith, Father (deceased)
- Edna (Paul) Smith, Mother (deceased)
- Vera also leaves behind many grandchildren and great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Visitation Saturday, February 15, 2020