Wyndall R. Day
May 3, 1942 – November 15, 2019
Wyndall R. Day, 77, of Evansville, IN passed away Friday, November 15, 2019, at North River Health Campus. He was born May 3, 1942 in Beech Creek, Kentucky, to the late T. W. and Ticia (Gregory) Day.
Wyndall worked at Furrow’s for many years and retired from Home Depot in Contractor Sales. He was a U.S. Air Force Veteran where he radar controlled air craft coming in from Russia and also served in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. Wyndall was a member of the VFW and Blue Grass United Methodist Church. He was a 1960 Graduate of Bosse High School and a hot rod and classic car enthusiast.
He was preceded in death by his parents; son, Jeffrey Day; sister, Bettye Milling, brother, Bill Day, brother-in-law, Bud George, and nephew, Jim George.
Wyndall is survived by his wife of 59 years, Judy (Elderfield) Day; granddaughters, Caitlin and Lauren Day; sister-in-law, Jackie Elderfield George; brother-in-law, Richard Elderfield; nieces, Kathy David (Tom), Brenda Orsborn (David), and Connie Wittenbraker; nephews, Craig George (Lisa), Ryan George (Karen), Bryan Day (Janet), Kirk Milling (Lynn) and Keith Milling (Kim); and many great and great great nieces and nephews.
A Funeral Service will be held at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 20, 2019, at Alexander East Chapel, officiated by Pastor Doug Heiman, with military rites. Burial will be held at Park Lawn Cemetery at a later date. Friends may visit Wednesday from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. at the chapel.
In lieu of flowers or live plants, contributions may be made to the Blue Grass United Methodist Church, Lou Gehrig’s Disease, the Perry County Humane Society, or your Favorite Charity. Condolences may be made online at www.AlexanderEastChapel.com.
- Judith (Elderfield) Day, Wife
- Caitlin Day, Granddaughter
- Lauren Day, Granddaughter
- Jackie Elderfield George, Sister-in-law
- Richard Elderfield, Brother-in-law
- Kathy David (Tom David), Niece
- Brenda Orsborn (David Orsborn), Niece
- Connie Wittenbraker, Niece
- Craig George (Lisa George), Nephew
- Ryan George (Karen George), Nephew
- Bryan Day (Janet Day), Nephew
- Kirk Milling (Lynn Milling), Nephew
- Keith Milling (Kim MIlling), Nephew
- T.W. Day, Father (deceased)
- Ticia (Gregory) Day, Mother (deceased)
- Jeffrey Day, Son (deceased)
- Bettye Milling, Sister (deceased)
- Bill Day, Brother (deceased)
- Bud George, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Jim George, Nephew (deceased)
- Wyndall also leaves behind many great and great-great nieces and nephews behind to cherish his memory.
- Visitation Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Memorial Service Wednesday, November 20, 2019