Donald "Don" Thomas Belbutowski
October 23, 1932 – February 28, 2018
Donald “Don” Thomas Belbutowski, 85, of Fort Wayne, Indiana passed away on February 28, 2018. He was born to the late Ludwig and Bernice (Saczitska) Belbutowski on October 23, 1932 in Fort Wayne. Don graduated from Purdue University in 1955 with a Civil Engineering degree and then he served in the United States Air Force being discharged in 1957. He then began working at Yaste, Zent, and Rye Insurance of Fort Wayne where he worked his whole career before retiring. Don was a Shriner, Mason, and a member of the John Purdue Club, Rotary Club, and Trinity English Lutheran Church.
Don is survived by his wife, Sue Belbutoski; children, Thomas (Tammy) Belbutoski, David Belbutoski, and Ann Knotek; step-children, Kirk (Michelle) Johnson and Tara (Steven) Samander; grandchildren, Richard (Erin) Belbutoski, Kate Belbutoski, Andrew Knotek, Thomas Knotek, Alyssa (Matt) Shultz, Dayna (Evan) Turner, Clare Johnson, Reeves Johnson, Skylar Samander, Bon Samander, and Eli Samander; great-grandchildren, Mia Shultz and Olivia Belbutoski; and sister-in-law, Eileen Belbutowski. He was preceded in death by his parents, twin brother, Ronald Belbutowski, and son-in-law Gregory Knotek.
Memorial Service will be on Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 1:00 pm at Trinity English Lutheran Church (450 W. Washington Blvd, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802) with visitation beginning at 11:30 am until the time of the service. Burial will be held at Lindenwood Cemetery.
Memorial Contributions may be made to Trinity English Lutheran Church.
- Sue Belbutoski, Wife
- Thomas (Tammy) Belbutoski, Son
- David Belbutoski, Son
- Ann Knotek, Daughter
- Kirk (Michelle) Johnson, Step-Son
- Tara (Steven) Samander, Step-Daughter
- Richard (Erin) Belbutoski, Grandchild
- Kate Belbutoski, Grandchild
- Andrew Knotek, Grandchild
- Thomas Knotek, Grandchild
- Alyssa (Matt) Shultz, Grandchild
- Dayna (Evan) Turner, Grandchild
- Clare Johnson, Grandchild
- Reeves Johnson, Grandchild
- Skylar Samander, Grandchild
- Bon Samander, Grandchild
- Eli Samander, Grandchild
- Mia Schultz, Great Grandchild
- Olivia Belbutoski, Great Grandchild
- Eileen Belbutowski, Sister-in-law
- Ludwig Belbutowski, Father
- Bernice Belbutowski, Mother
- Ronald Belbutowski, Brother
- Gregory Knotek, Son-in-law
- Trinity English Lutheran Church
- Memorial Visitation Saturday, March 10, 2018
- Memorial Service Saturday, March 10, 2018
Donald "Don" Thomas Belbutowski
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Judy and Roger Miller
March 9, 2018
Dear Sue and family
It was our pleasure to have been your neighbors on Dockside. Don was always ready to lend a helping hand.
Our thoughts,prayers,and sincere sympathy are with all of you at this difficult time.
Judy and Roger
March 7, 2018
Dear Belbutowski and Johnson Families,
So sorry for your loss of D. O. N. Remember the good times and who he was in your earlier years. And if you need a story about a good time, ask his children.
Love to you all,
WILLIAM C. AND DONNA J. PHILLIPS
March 6, 2018
Mrs. Sue Belbutoski and Family:
Please accept our deepest sympathy on the loss of your loved one, Donald Thomas Belbutowski.
God's Blessings to the Belbutoski family.
Mr. and Mrs. William C. Phillips
March 2, 2018
My deepest condolences to the family. Cherish his memories daily to be comforted. Our loving God will comfort you all through this difficult loss