Dreama Carlene Defibaugh
January 17, 1954 – July 23, 2020
Dreama C. Defibaugh gained her wings on Thursday, July 23, 2020, peacefully in her residence surrounded by loved ones.
Born in Bluefield, WV on January 17, 1954, she was the daughter of the late John W. Schultz and Hazel T. Schultz. After moving and residing to Lynchburg, she had three children with the late Roy E. Ward. She later married the late William J. Goff and celebrated 17 years together. Dreama is also preceded in death by her older brother, Wesley M. Schultz.
Dreama is survived by her dedicated husband, Lawrence “Butch Defibaugh whom she cherished for the remainder of her days. In addition to her husband, she is survived by her three children, Brenda Y. Mabry, John W. Ward Sr., and Brandy Grishaw and her husband Mark; her grandchildren, Cody Mabry and wife Stephanie, Ashleigh Eldridge and husband Jovon, John W. Ward Jr., Hilei N. Ward, Charles G. Ward, Kandace Ehrhorn and husband Theodore, Destiny Grishaw and her significant other, Noah A Malina, and Kayla Martin, who was like a granddaughter to Dreama; great grandchildren, Camren, Caleb, Aaliyah, Tamia, Adrian, and Theo; and close friends whom she loved, Darlene Bowser, Reggie Dudley and Vikki Dudley.
Dreama will be remembered as a strong willed woman who loved her family, VA Beach, and Christmas time.
The family would like to thank the doctors and staff of Centra Hospice and Becky for their wonderful care during Dreama’s illness.
A graveside service will be held at 2 pm on Monday, July 27, 2020 at Virginia Memorial Park with Pastor Bill Evans officiating.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggest memorial contributions be made to Amazing Grace Ministries or the family.
- John W. Schultz, Father (deceased)
- Hazel T. Schultz, Mother (deceased)
- Roy E. Ward, Father of Children (deceased)
- William J. Goff, Second Husband (deceased)
- Lawrence "Butch" Defibaugh, Dedicated Husband
- Wesley M. Schultz, Brother (deceased)
- Branda Y. Mabry, Daughter
- John W. Ward, Sr., Son
- Brandy Grishaw (Mark), Daughter
- Cody Mabry (Stephanie), Grandson
- Ashleigh Eldridge (Jovon), Granddaughter
- John W. Ward, Jr., Grandson
- Hilei N. Ward, Granddaughter
- Charles G. Ward, Grandson
- Kandace Ehrhorn (Theodore), Granddaughter
- Destiny Grishaw (Noah A. Malina), Granddaughter
- Kayla Martin, "Granddaughter"
- Darlene Bowser, Close Friend
- Reggie Dudley, Close Friend
- Vikki Dudley, Close Friend
- Dreama is also survived by great grandchildren, Camren, Caleb, Aaliyah, Tamia, Adrian and Theo.
Learn more about the Defibaugh name
Amazing Grace Ministries
101 Morgan Street, Lynchburg, Virginia 24501
- To the family
Monday, July 27, 2020
Dreama Carlene Defibaugh
July 25, 2020
My prayers are with the family. Dreama was a wonderful women. As a child, she would visit my mom, and add sunshine to her day. Sadly missed, but never forgotten.