Herman E. Buechler
May 23, 1930 – June 13, 2019
Herman E. Buechler, 89 years of age, passed away Thursday, June 13 2019 at the Villas of Guerin Woods in Georgetown, IN. Herman was born May 23, 1930 in Bradford, IN to the late John and Anna (Kiesler) Buechler and retired from Dean Dairy. He also worked at Purity Maid and Bowman Dairy. He was a member of St. Mary of the Knobs Catholic Church and was a founding member of the Lafayette Township Volunteer Fire Department. He also served on the Fire Board.
Besides his parents, he was preceded in death by his brothers, Andrew, Gilbert, and Johnny Buechler; and his sisters, Agatha Uhl, Geneva Smith, Juanita Smith, and Valeria Daus; and two grandsons, Jeremy and John Nungester.
He is survived by his loving wife of 65 years, Doris (Bomersbach) Buechler; children, Dennis (Mary Laska) Buechler, Debbie (Darrell) Nungester, and Shelly (Greg) Stephenson; grandchildren, Sarah Laska, Matthew, Katherine, and Lydia Buechler, Jimmy (Bethany) and Anna Nungester and Brian Stephenson; and great-grandsons, Luke and Landon Nungester.
Visitation will be 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm Monday at Kraft Funeral Service, 708 E. Spring Street, New Albany, Indiana. His Funeral Mass will be 10:00 am Tuesday at St. Mary of the Knobs Chapel with burial to follow in Church Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Herman’s name can be made to the Crusade for Children c/o Lafayette Township Fire Dept. or the Villas of Guerin Woods.
Online condolences may be made to www.kraftfuneralservice.net.
- Doris Bomersbach Buechler, Wife of 65 Years
- Dennis (Mary Laska) Buechler, Son
- Debbie (Darrell) Nungester, Daughter
- Shelly (Greg) Stephenson, Daughter
- Sarah Laska, Grandchild
- Matthew, Katherine, and Lydia Buechler, Grandchildren
- Jimmy (Bethany) and Anna Nungester, Grandchildren
- Brian Stephenson, Grandchild
- Luke and Landon Nungester, Great Grandsons
- Jeremy and John Nungester, Grandsons
- Anna Kiesler Buechler, Mother
- John Buechler, Father
- Andrew, Gilbert, and Johnny Buechler, Brothers
- Agatha Uhl, Geneva Smith, Juanita Smith, and Valeria Daus, Sisters
- Visitation Monday, June 17, 2019
- Funeral Mass Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Herman E. Buechler
June 15, 2019
I always enjoyed going to the Buechler's house. He didn't complain about how much noise we made in the basement and always would talk to me. He would ask about my day, even though I was just a kid, and probably did not have too many interesting stories. For years now, I still honk going by the house, to say hello to Mr. and Mrs. Buechler.