Norman Charles Eve
October 20, 1926 – January 4, 2019
Norman Charles Eve, 92, passed away Friday, January 4, 2019. The son of the late Isadore and Helen Crone Eve, Norman was born October 20, 1926 in New Albany. He was a U.S. Navy veteran of WWII and retired from Brown Forman Corporation after 36 years of service. Norman was also a farmer, amateur inventor, owned Eve’s Pay Lake and Eve’s Christmas Tree Farm, and enjoyed a competitive hand of euchre. He was a member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, St. Mary’s Men’s Club, and the Chevron Retirement Association. Norman was preceded in death by his parents; his first wife, Clara Marie Gettelfinger Eve; brothers and sisters-in-law, Robert and Linda Eve and Donald and Susan Eve; and son-in-law, Gerald Sharp.
Survivors include his wife of 30 years, Viola Timperman Eve; six daughters, Belinda E. Hancock (James), Anita E. Sharp, Norma L. Faith (Tony), Sharon K. Schroeder, Kathleen M. “Kathy” Hall (Mark), and Wanda E. Haming (John); brother and sister-in-law, Louis and Carolyn Eve; 9 grandchildren, 11 great grandchildren; and 2 great great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be 2 pm ~ 8 pm Wednesday at Kraft Funeral Service, 708 E. Spring Street, New Albany, IN. His Funeral Service will be 10 am Thursday in the Kraft Spring Street Chapel with cremation and private burial in Holy Trinity Catholic Cemetery to follow.
Contributions in his memory may be made to Home of the Innocents at www.homeoftheinnocents.org.
Online condolences may be made to www.kraftfuneralservice.net.
- Viola Timperman Eve, Wife of 30 years
- Belinda E. (James) Hancock, Daughter
- Anita E. Sharp, Daughter
- Norma L. (Tony) Faith, Daughter
- Sharon K. Schroeder, Daughter
- Kathleen M. "Kathy" (Mark) Hall, Daughter
- Wanda E. (John) Haming, Daughter
- Louis and Carolyn Eve, Brother and Sister-in-Law
- Clara Marie Gettelfinger Eve, First Wife
- Isadore and Helen Crone Eve, Parents
- Robert and Linda Eve, Brother and Sister-in-Law
- Donald and Susan Eve, Brother and Sister-in-Law
- Gerald Sharp, Son-in-law
- 9 Grandchildren, 11 Great Grandchildren, and 2 Great Great Grandchildren
- Home of the Innocents
- Visitation Wednesday, January 9, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, January 10, 2019