Imagine a fitting tribute designed to celebrate and remember a special, unique life. The floral arrangements you choose for your service can be thoughtfully chosen and personalized, creating a look and feel that speaks to the essence of the life being celebrated.
Know your funeral flower options
The celebration of a lifetime begins with the details. When it comes to choosing funeral flowers, know that your options for personalizing your sympathy flower arrangement are truly endless. Dignity Memorial® professionals will assist you in creating a meaningful floral tribute with expertise.
Did your loved one have a favorite flower? You may consider choosing that flower as the most prominent with other complementary flowers accompanying it. How about a favorite color? If you love purple, our professionals will show you a range of purple-hued floral options to fulfill your unique vision.
Or if the ceremony is taking place in honor of a veteran, you may choose a patriotic red, white and blue floral theme. Would you prefer a traditional or contemporary look? Are there any shapes or symbols that you would like to include, such as a cross or a heart? to consider these questions and more.
Memorial flowers—a flair for design
Funeral flower arrangements often serve as the most impactful design element of a memorial service, whether it is held indoors or outdoors or centers around a casket or urn. Because sympathy flowers are one of the strongest visual expressions of love, condolences and respect, their presence at funeral and memorial services is often highly important. This tradition serves to honor the life of a loved one in a memorable manner. Your floral design choices can also have a significant impact on the look and feel of the service, in addition to other customizable service options such as foods, music or .
- Casket sprays and pillows come in any color scheme. Casket sprays typically cover half of the casket so that they can be placed on the closed end and shifted to the center upon full closure of the casket. These beautiful pieces are often finished with a ribbon, bow or other decorative item. Delicate casket pillows made of elegant satin and lace are available in the shape of a heart or cross.
- Standing sprays consist of mixed flowers hand-designed on a wire stand. These impressive arrangements create a memorable tribute and can be designed to complement casket sprays or stand on their own. Sizes range from small (42 inches tall) to large (56 inches tall). Standing sprays are appropriate for an indoor event or a graveside service.
- Floral wreaths are a popular option for adding further personalization to your service. These upright standing designs offer a grand and tasteful addition to your floral arrangements and can be professionally handmade with fresh flowers in various configurations, including traditional circular, cross and heart shapes.
- Cremation flowers and wreaths are designed to beautifully fill out the visual space of your ceremony with fresh, hand-arranged flowers in a variety of complementary colors of your choosing. These are available in containers such as glass, stone or ceramic vases or arranged in a lovely asymmetrical circle to be placed around the cremation urn or a framed photograph in honor of your loved one who has been cremated.
- Funeral floor baskets sit elegantly and give the eye a multilevel focus from the ground up. These tasteful arrangements are often accented with lush greenery and provide an elegant gesture suited perfectly for any funeral service.
Flowers at a funeral have long been regarded as conveyors of sentiment. The types and colors that you choose for the funeral floral arrangements at a memorial service can symbolize various subtle meanings. For instance, the gardenia symbolizes “joy” while the calla lily says “regal.” You may choose lilac to signify a first love or the forget-me-not to say “remember me forever.” These are just a few of the many symbolic flower choices you can add as a personal and meaningful element of your overall design. The more personal the service, the more memorable it will be, offering a lasting tribute to your life or the life of a loved one.
Color choices can range from peaceful pastels to bright cheerful oranges, yellows and reds. You may choose to dedicate floral color selections to a certain theme such as patriotism, a favorite color or a favorite team. All white flowers accented with lush greenery make an elegant statement.
Arranging flowers for a funeral service
Our Dignity Memorial funeral planning experts can help design and arrange flowers for your service. It is our goal to help you create a memorable end-of-life ceremony for a loved one. Our partnership with 1-800-FLOWERS offers you the best service and most knowledgeable experts, and our network of Dignity Memorial providers ensures that you will have access to the most dedicated funeral, cremation and cemetery professionals in the nation.